Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend & Ultrasound

Hello Bloggie-Blog (That's what my kids would name this blog), it's been awhile. To tell you the truth I really haven't had any desire to blog lately. I feel sick pretty much all the time. Some times it's pretty bearable, but a lot of the time I just want to lay in bed or sit and read Fabelhaven (my new obsession). I seriously don't remember being this sick with any of my other kids. I wonder if it's because I'm older or because I was in such good shape and mobile before I got pregnant that it makes it more noticeable? Whatever the reason, I really hate it and I'm trying not to feel depressed about it. The weather was beautiful today, it was in the high 70s, and all I did was sit around in the house. I have no desire to go outside and do anything. I actually thought I'd go swimming today, but after I got up, I quickly changed my mind.

I really shouldn't complain, though. It could be a lot worse. At least I'm able to function and eat, and I haven't thrown up once. I'm very grateful and excited about this little miracle baby. (It was a miracle, even if it wasn't one we knew we wanted!)

We did have a really fun Memorial Day Weekend!

We kicked it off early when Pete and the kids had Friday off and we went out to breakfast. It was a lot of fun!

We went to Coachman's Dinner and Pancake House. It's such a dive, but that's our style, and they have really good food! Here's my eggs benedict. Mmmmm.

Sunday afternoon we loaded 4 bikes up onto our old bike rack and headed for Heber. About half-way there, one of the straps holding it onto the car snapped. We were on the freeway and I looked back to see all the bikes leaning very far to one side! Aaaa! Luckily we were right by an exit so we were able to pull over and rig it back up to working order. We were still nervous, but we made it the rest of the way with no more problems. That was scary, though! We could have lost all our bikes! (including the tri bike, the road bike, and Mindy and Ethan's bikes) As we were pulling back onto the freeway, we saw this uncommon sight:

It's hard to see from my iphone pictures, but that's a buffalo and a zebra grazing together, along with a goat.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day, and I was so happy to be a guest at someone else's house so I didn't really have to do anything, and the kids were well entertained.

Monday morning we all went for a bike ride, though these 2 little ones actually rode in the bike trailer. It was just a short, leisurely bike ride and I felt pretty good doing it. It was actually great to get out on a bike again even if it was on Katie's crappy mt. bike. Pete and I gave my sister a lesson in riding a road bike. We are letting her borrow ours for a while since I won't really be using it, and Pete's happy to switch back over to the tri bike for now. She has a friend doing the Bear Lake tri (I don't know which one, there are 2 in August) and she's thinking about doing it with her. I really hope she does so I can live vicariously through her! Ok, that's not the only reason, I also think it would be fun and good for her. I hope she enjoys the road bike, it's a big improvement on what she's used to!

After our bike ride, we went to How To Train A Dragon. It wasn't in 3D, but I think 3D is overrated anyway. It was a really good movie!

When we got home, we walked down the street with Angela and her son, Drew, who gave the girls a ride on their horse. Ethan came too, but refused to ride it, and ended up going home early with Pete. Mindy and Ethan loved riding the horse, though, and kept wanting to go around again! Mindy even had a little scare on her first time around when the train came by and spooked the horse. She held on really good and it didn't keep her from wanting to go more.

Elle also really liked the baby cows. Or Steers. I don't know what you'd call them. Her favorite one was the one with the white face.

It was a great weekend, and I didn't want to come home. I'm excited to go spend another week in Heber when my Grandma comes to visit from North Carolina next week!

Tuesday, before we got too much back into the grindstone, I had my ultrasound appointment. It was the fastest doctor visit I've ever had! We walked in, they took us right back and got to business. "The pregnancy" as they call it, showed up right away, and I was amazed at how much bigger the baby was! Last time you couldn't see anything, and this time you could definitely see it, and the little heart just beating away! We also got to hear the whoosh whoosh whoosh of the heartbeat, and the technician said it was just at the right rate! He also said, according to the measurements I was exactly at 8 weeks and right on target for my awesome due date of 1-11-11! This was great news, but I wasn't really worried just because I'd been feeling so sick and hadn't had any problems. I just hope I stop feeling sick after 12 weeks, that's only 4 weeks away. I can make it!

By the way, the baby is about the size of a kidney bean right now. So why are my ribs already hurting!?

1 comment:

  1. lordy i haven't been blogging and now i'm finding out you're avec child!! congrats!! what does this mean for triathlon business?!? is the blog going to take a detour??