Thursday, January 22, 2009

What A Great Day!

[ Posted Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:54:31 ]

This morning I woke up with my wrist feeling just fine! Wahoo, no doctors for me! Then, after breakfast and clean-up time, we took our kids over to our awesome friends’, Adam and Rachel, house. They were totally willing to watch the kids for several hours while we went and climbed on some rocks. I really appreciated that! Plus our kids love to play with their kids so everyone was excited!

Next, we went and picked up Pete’s friend, Shane, and his little brothers, Justin and Isaac. We decided to go to the sunny side of Black Rocks because we were afraid it would be cold. It turned out to be the perfect temperature, maybe in the 60s. Maybe even a little too warm when we were on the black rock.




I just had so much fun hanging out and climbing with those guys. It reminded me of going climbing with Pete and his friends when we were still dating. Those are some of my favorite memories! I just love hanging out with the guys, I don’t know why, but I’ve never really had that many girl friends, and I’m just not as comfortable around a group of girls. I’m glad I could just be myself and have a good time.




I ended up getting to climb the route twice, and it was pretty hard. I haven’t been climbing in probably 4 years. It was great to get back and do it again. We really need to get back into it. It really made me miss living in St. George, being there in such perfect weather with such awesome surroundings. I love climbing!

After grabbing a pizza and picking the kids up, we loaded the Jeep back up and headed home to the 19 degree weather that we all just love. Brrr!

So, I didn’t do any Ironman training today. Maybe you could consider rock climbing cross training? I’ll be back at it tomorrow for sure. Time for my beauty rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment