Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day In The Life - Tuesday

Today went pretty well, so I thought I'd do an episode of A Day In The Life. Of course, my days aren't all like this. Some are much more stressful, and some are less. I'd say today was a pretty good day, though.

4:45 - George wakes up. Wake Pete up for him to get him back to bed while I lay there for a few more minutes.

5:00 - Get up, stick some oatmeal in the microwave while I get dressed and do the dishes. Add some bannana, agave and peanut butter and enjoy while I read tweets, facebook, email and scriptures. Then load my bike and trainer up and head out!

6:00 - Bike trainer class at the Salt Lake Running Company, taught by the one and only B.J. Christensen. It was hard today! We did an interval ladder with hard-recover: 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 4-4, 3-3, 2-2, 1-1 The class runs a little late.

7:30 - Get home, hurry and make some eggs with avocado and a smoothie with milk, spinach, blueberries, bananna and vanilla.

8:05 - Take the kids to school.

8:30 - Spend a little time with George, getting him changed and myself ready to run.

9:00 - Super easy run, keeping my heart rate under 140 (a fun challange!), with George in the stroller. We go to see the ducks which takes almost exactly 15 minutes, looked at the ducks for 5, then back home for a total of 2.5 miles in 31 minutes.

9:30 - Remind myself that that run was supposed to be easy and slow... Then put a nice calm George down for his nap.

10:00 - Stretch, do a pilates video for 30 minutes, and eat too much Easter candy. Pilates feels so good after that hard bike ride!

10:30 - Shower and get (kind of) ready.

11:00 - Wake up the sweet sleeping baby, go pick up Elle from preschool and let her play with her friends in the school yard for 45 minutes because it was just too nice outside! Plus, I get to chat with my friends while she does this which is a highlight of my day so it's win-win!

12:00 - Get home, and cook some ckicken for lunch. Finally get George dressed while that cooks.

1:00 - Eat lunch. Don't as me how it takes an hour to cook some chicken, make a salad and sit down to eat it!

1:30 - George takes another nap, and after a little cleaning up, I lay down too. I don't know if I slept. Before I know it, George is crying, and it's almost time to pick the kids up from school! I manange to fold a load of laundry really quick first, though!

3:00 - Pick the kids up from school, and come home to commence saying, "Do your homework!" a million times.

5:00 - Homework is finally done so we walk to the store to pick out some vegetables for dinner.

6:00 - Pete gets home, and I start dinner a little later than I should have, like usual. We went with green beans which we had along with Broiled Tilapia Parmesan which was really good. It seemed a little sparce, I really should have made something else with it (sweet potatoes would have been awesome!), but it was fine.

6:30 - Eat the above mentioned dinner as a loving family. Awww :)

7:00 - Pete leaves for climbing, and I put George in the tub.

7:45 - Put George to bed then have prayers and read to the other kids. I'm reading The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe to Elle right now which is fun because I read it to Mindy when she was about her age. Elle can read some of it herself, but we take turns. :)

8:20 - Kids are finally in bed, later than planned of course. I sit down to check twitter, facebook, email, etc. and write on my blog.

10:00 (ok, maybe a few minutes later) - Finish writing on my blog and go to bed! Goodnight!

PS - It may sound like I had a really healthy eating day, but I couldn't stop eating Mini Cadbury Eggs and Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs all day long! They are all gone now, though, so I'll start fresh tomorrow! Exept that tomorrow is Ethan's birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment