Sunday, March 3, 2013

Utah Love

I love where I live! 

You've gotta love a state where you can go snowboarding and rock climbing in the same week. :)


Pete took the day off on Wednesday so we could go snowboarding! It was supposed to snow on Tuesday, which is why we picked Wednesday, but there really wasn't that much new snow. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it, but I sure felt extra cautious the whole time. 


We still found some poweder, though!


We just had a fun day being together, being in the mountains and messing around! I'm so thankful for friends who are willing to watch my kids so I can get out and do amazing stuff like this too!



Last Saturday I ran in a snowstorm, and this Saturday I ran in a tanktop! 

We went down to St. George to stay with some friends for a little mini vacation and the weather couldn't have been more perfect! It was actually kind of hot! Man, I am not used to that anymore! I ran 6 miles, which is the farthest I've run since my marathon in October! It was a hard run, but still great to get out there in the blue sky, sunshine and beautiful views.


Here are some views from my run. Running here in the early spring always makes me want to move to St. George. (kind of)




After my run, Pete and I went to Black Rocks to do some climbing. It was so much fun! Our friends took our kids with them to a party at a park so they got to run around and play outside with their kids which was great!

I was reminded that climbing outside is awesome, but SO much harder than climbing in a gym! Yikes! I feel good about what I accomplished, though. I got past my fear and did some moves that I really didn't want to and finished the 2 routes that I didn't think I'd even be able to do so it was a good day! 

Plus it is just amazingly beautiful out there and so much fun just spending time there with Pete!


No comments:

Post a Comment