Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

George is just getting so big! In the last week or so he's started full-on crawling with his hands and knees, and it is just so cute! (He's been doing kind of an army crawl for a couple months.) He doesn't crawl too much, though. He'd much rather have someone help him walk around and he pulls himself up to standing any chance he gets.

He also has really started to enjoy food. I've found that basically, he just wants to feed himself so I just give him things that we're having that I think he can handle. He's getting pretty good at it, though he hasn't quite figured out bowls yet. He tries to just eat right out of them which is funny! The other night I made brown rice in the rice cooker, and it made it totally soggy (I haven't quite figured that thing out yet.). I was disappointed at first, but then realized it was just perfect for George, and he loved it!

This weekend was the semi-anual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is held at the Conference Center downtown on Saturday and Sunday, but we don't usually go there since we've got the kids and all, but that doesn't mean we have to miss it. They broadcast it on our local TV and radio stations, as well as stream it live over the internet so there are a lot of ways to be able to hear The Prophet's voice.

Here's George riding his pony while we watch. (notice our beautiful new blue wall? I LOVE it!)

We had two family get-togethers during Conference weekend. On Saturday, our sister-in-law was in town from Nashville for the very purpose of going to Conference so she came over for a while and so did our other sister and brother-in-law so we got to see their cute little baby!

Sunday we drove up to Logan for our nephew's birthday party, and just had so much fun seeing all of them!

George, Grandpa, and the birthday boy.

Aaaaand.... here's a sneak peak of our little Curious George's Halloween costume!

I also ran 8 miles in-between sessions of Conference on Saturday, and I guess that was a little far. I hadn't done a long run (more than 5 miles) since Utah half, over a month ago! I thought a nice, easy, flat 8 miles would be fine. And really, it was fine while I was running. I felt great and had a really good run (!!), but afterwards my calf was really really sore. I skipped my run yesterday (Monday) because it was still hurting really bad, and Pete spent half an hour working it last night, almost making me cry. I wore compression socks to bed, and it did feel better this morning, but it's still a little sore.

We had our second run with our stroller running group this morning which was really fun even though we got rained on a little. We had one new girl, but we were also missing a few people. One was sick, one was out of town and the last one still did the run on her own so I'm not too worried about losing people yet. They all seem interested and excited still, and so am I!

A few of us will be running the Murray Moonlight Run on October 15th. It's a 5k or 1 mile walk/run. It's at 9pm and there will be black lights set up a long the course so it should be really cool! I just need to find something fun to wear that will glow good...

1 comment: