Monday, April 29, 2013

10 miles + Climbing = Awesome Saturday!

 Last Saturday my 10 miler got postponed because of the rain (and me being a little bit of a baby about it), but I wasn't going to let that happen this week. Of course, George ended up waking up at the same time as my alarm so I wasn't able to sneak out of the house before he woke up. I hung around with him and we had breakfast while we waited for everyone else to wake up. Once the kids were up and watching TV, George was totally fine with me going. (Yeah, I'm such a good mom)

I started running and ouch! My leg was really hurting me! It wasn't just sore muscles, it seemed like something was wrong. It was weird. Before I even made it a block, I started thinking I should just go home and go back to bed. But no, I decided I should at least give it a mile to see if it went away once I got warmed up. I ran out a mile and back to the house for a bathroom stop and to grab my gel flask, and my leg felt fine by then so I decided to continue with my run.

I was kind of risking it because I didn't bring any water with me, just hoping that the drinking fountain at Memory Grove would be turned on by now. I figured, if it wasn't, I could turn around early and get a drink at the track then just add a mile or 2 on somewhere else. No biggie.

But, yay! The drinking fountain was on and it was a beautiful site! The bathrooms were also open which was just as beautiful! :)

So, my leg didn't feel hurt anymore, but my legs were still sore for pretty much the whole run, if that makes sense. I had kind of a hard time and stopped to walk twice when I got to steep hills.

But I finished my 10 miles, and that felt really good!

After a hot bath, taking Mindy to ballet and relaxing a little bit during George's nap time, we picked Mindy up and headed up to Ogden to Pete's friend John's house. He has been working on setting up climbing routes on some cliffs just behind his house. We left the kids at his house, and it was a good thing too because the hike up there was strenuous! I hadn't worn good shoes either. I was still wearing my recovery shoes which are just like slippers so they kept slipping off my food on the steep hike. But we made it just fine. The rock we climbed on was really cool. It was kind of just a big narrow slab jutting out of the ground. See the one of the left? The big one on the right is like that on the other side too. It was really cool rock with a lot of cracks and it was really fun to climb on. We just set up top rope and I got to do 2 of the routes, then it was time to head back before it got dark.

It was so beautiful up there and we just enjoyed being out there!

Here I am going up my second route. It was really fun! What a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment