Friday, August 8, 2014

Hiking City Creek

Since my heel was hurting last week, I didn't run on Saturday, but went on a hike with Pete!

It was really hard, but also really nice. We went up City Creek Canyon and got some beautiful views!


Here's Pete coming up the steep hill we walked up.


We got to where we could see the whole valley!

 It was a lot of work, but totally worth it when we got there!


Pete insisted that we keep going, even after we hit the time we had decided to turn around. I'm glad we did because, with just a little farther, we were able to see the other side of the mountain! That's part of The Great Salt Lake down there. It was a beautiful morning and I loved spending it with Pete. I did end up letting the downhills take me away a little too much, and I ran on the parts that weren't too steep.


When we got home, I took the girls to ballet for their placement classes. Elle went first and we found out that she gets to move  up a level! When she was done, we picked up Ethan and George and hurried down to The Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point to meet Pete's sister for a fun time there with her kids. It's a new museum and it was really cool! Pete and Mindy joined us later after Mindy finished her placement class, and she moved up a level too! Pretty exciting!

I didn't take many pictures because I was busy chasing George around, but there was a lot of fun stuff for kids to do including a little down, a water works room, and a big rope/slide/climbing playground. Here's one of our favorite exhibits. You could move the sand around to make different mountains and valleys and it would project a topography map onto it. It was pretty cool.



By the time we left, which was close to 8pm, my legs were feeling really sore and I was happy to just go home and go to bed! That hike ended up being a really good long run replacement! It had only been 6 miles, but with a total of about 1700 feet of elevation gain! Yikes! It took us 3 hours. Pete was a little bit annoyed because it was supposed to be a starter hike! Haha. Starter hike, shmarter hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment