Saturday, August 9, 2014

Mary Poppins!

Wednesday I got the chance to take Elle to see Mary Poppins at The Hale Center Theater and it was so, so good!

Mary Poppins was my favorite movie growing up, and the first movie we ever bought with our saved up pennies. My grandpa even worked on the sound for the movie! So when things started to happen in the play that didn't happen in the movie, I wasn't sure I would like it. It ended up being so amazing, though! Elle was on the edge of her seat the whole time and it was so great just to see the look on her face while she watched it. She was totally enthralled! And so was I. It was probably the best musical I've ever been to. I'm so sad we only had 2 tickets and that this run at HCT is almost over and all sold out because I want everyone to be able to see it.


The stage was amazing and made Elle open her mouth in suprize several times. Here's a few shots of it before it started.




Here's Elle at intermission with a cardboard cutout. This wasn't the acutal cast. :) She fits right in, doesn't she?


After the show, we waited in line so we could meet Mary Poppins and Bert. They did such a great job, I was so happy to shake their hands and tell them that. The guy who plays Burt even told Elle that she is beautiful.


Such a great, great show. If you ever get the chance to see this musical, you should go! The whole theme of the story was so good, it made me laugh and cry and the songs and dancing were amazing! There was a lot of femanist feel to it, but also just a lot of the feeling that no one is better than anyone else. I love that. One song that was added in had lyrics that said:
Anything can happen if you let it
If you reach for the stars
All you get are the stars
But we’ve found a whole new spin
If you reach for the heavens
You get the stars thrown in
Anything can happen if you let it
Life is out there waiting so go and get it
Mary Poppins flew by at the end and dropped millions of little paper stars so I let Elle go up to the stage and grab a handful to bring home and remember this fun night. She totally wants to be in a muscial now. She's such a little performer!

I even had a hard time sleeping after we got home because I just couldn't stop thinking about it. What a great night. I just can't praise it highly enough! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment