Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What now?

I've been pretty much computer-less since mine got stolen. Now I have to sneak time on Pete's, and I don't ever want to take too much time to write in my blog. Not that there's much to write about right now. We got some curtains and put them up. They are really nice, and make our house feel more cozy, plus they make us feel more secure. I'd put a picture up, but alas, no camera. There are two layers, white semi-sheer and dark green.

The best part about not having a computer or worrying about writing on my blog every night, training hard every day and running people around, is that the house is actually pretty clean now! It's awesome. I have a nice house (It's easy to forget when it's covered in clutter).

I haven't been running in a week because last Wednesday I went out for a 6-mile temp run and practically walked the whole way home because my knee was hurting so bad. Where did that come from? I haven't really had any problems with my running in forever. I'm so glad I didn't have any problems training for Ironman, though! Whew! I think it was just hurting because of all the speed work I've suddenly introduced so I decided to take it easy since I've got Spudman on Saturday. I think I'll go for a nice, easy, hour-long run in the morning, though.

I did get out on my bike this Saturday for a nice 3-hour long ride. I went up to Friut Heights, which I've never been to before, and I've always thought it was "Fru Heights" by the way I've heard it pronounced. It's really pretty up there, and it was fun to get into a little bit of new territory. It did bring my average speed down a bit, though, since I had to go up a long hill to get there. I did 46 miles in 3 hours, with my average speed at 15.6 (If I remember correctly). I was going over 20 mph for a lot of it, though. It was fun! 

So you can see that I haven't been totally slacking in my training, but it's not like I'm even close to doing something every day like I was back in my old Ironman training days. I kind of have this feeling like "what's the point of even getting up in the morning?" or something. I can't explain it. After all that build up and hard work to get to Ironman, and now it's just over. It's really weird. Pete said he felt like that too. 

I have Spudman coming up, and I'm trying to just be really excited about that, but it's not like I'm worried I won't be able to do it or anything. I've lost that fear that makes triathlon so fun! What should I do now? (Ok, it's not like I'm going to give up triathlon or anything because that's just crazy, but I need something.)

No comments:

Post a Comment