Friday, May 7, 2010

Foot Update


I'm feeling much better today. I was pretty sick yesterday, but feel like I'm getting better. For the past two days I've just been wearing flip flops or bare feet. My bunion is feeling SO much better! (Though it still looks disgusting to me!) It makes me wonder why I kept wearing shoes for so long. I just hate having my feet cold, and I hate stepping on things and hurting my toes. I actually stopped wearing flip-flops last year because I kept kicking things and breaking toenails. I decided it wasn't worth it and started wearing shoes all the time. But maybe it is worth it.

I've been reading a lot about barefoot running, and just going barefoot period, and it seems like it's much better for you. It makes sense, and it also makes sense for me to stop wearing narrow shoes that are making my bunion worse. I'm going to order some shoes from VivoBarefoot to just wear around when I don't want to be barefoot or in flip-flops, and depending on how tomorrow's run goes, I might order some for running too. I'm just really nervous about doing that so soon before the marathon!

Since my bunion feels so good right now, I'm going to see if running in my Bioms makes it sore or if it was just sore from wearing my other shoes. Experiments, experiments. Stay tuned for tomorrow to find out!

Oh, and I'm also getting to run half my run tomorrow with Ashley from MSRuntheUS. She's running across the Untied States, starting in San Francisco and I think she'll end up in New York. She runs at least 20 miles a day which is just amazing! It will be cool to meet her and do just a tiny bit of that epic run with her! This cold better be on it's way out by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment