Friday, June 10, 2011

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the Utah Valley Half Marathon. I have to be to Provo (half an hour away) to meet Katie and get on the bus by 3:30.

The good (wonderful, awesome!) news: My foot feels 100% better!

It's weird because it actually felt better after running on it on Wednesday. I'm not complaining though. Yesterday I was just feeling super excited for this race, and for the whole tri season. I did a 1000 yard time trial in 18:33! That beats my time from 2 months ago by 2:29! That was a great feeling! Then I did an hour on the trainer, and Pete sold his old wetsuit so I had triathlon on the brain even more than usual.

The bad (sucky, annoying) news: Remember that nasty cold Pete had last weekend? Yeah, I got it.

Like I said, I was feeling great yesterday morning, but this cold (flu?) hit me like a train last night. I went to bed early, but didn't get the good night's sleep I was hoping for. I don't feel well at all today, but I met my sister in Provo to pick up our packets, then have a picnic at a park with the kids. It was a beautiful day, but it was hard to enjoy it. I had to run into the bathroom several time to blow my nose. Ug!

We got bags that say 26.2 on them, and Katie said, "Doesn't this make you wish we were doing the full?" I have to say that I didn't really think that. I really just hope I can finish the half now! But I'm excited she thought that, maybe we will do a full together someday.

Other than that I've just been drinking a lot of fluids, taking a lot of Vitamin C and trying to rest as much as possible with a 4-month-old. I do have a slight fever so if that doesn't go away by morning, I probably should not run. I'll be fine if it's just a head cold, but I've heard that if you have a fever or anything below your neck, not to run. Let's hope my little antibodies are as strong as I think they are and can kick this thing before 3am tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment