Wednesday, July 18, 2012

This morning was AWESOME

I was just sleeping away dreaming about how it was Saturday and that there was nothing I had to get up for (which is weird because I get up pretty early on Saturdays too, but you know how dreams are.), so why was my alarm going off? No big deal. I'll just turn it off. Ah, now I can just relax and got back to sleep.

That's seriously what I did. But I had plans to meet some friends at the track at 5am! So I really did have something to wake up for!

Good thing George made a little cry and I woke up at about 4:30! I was amazed! I felt like Scrooge when he wakes up and realizes he still has time! Yeah, I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but it was going to be possible to make it! 

I popped my oatmeal into the microwave and chaged into my running clothes while it cooked. It seemed a little crazy to eat oatmeal 15 minutes before doing speed work, but I didn't want to be hungry by the end of my run, and before my swim like I was on Monday after only eating a few banana muffins.

I was so proud of myself for getting out the door as quickly as I did, and I got there right after Cheryl! Cheryl drives a big truck so I waited for her to get out before aproaching her. I didn't want to walk up to some scary guy in the dark! Luckily it was her, though! We walked over to the track and got started.

Amber had slept in too, but she made it there just as we were finishing our warm-up!

I had to do 6 x 5:00 zone 4 intervals with 2:00 jogging inbetween! Yikes! I didn't bring my heart rate monitor because I really don't have trouble getting to zone 4 while running, and my Garmin one hasn't been reliable for me lately anyway. It was also dark when we started so I couldn't see my watch so we just decided to do 2 fast laps, which ended up taking about 4:30, then walking/jogging for half a lap. Cheryl did the first 3 with me, then she joined Amber for some shorter sprints. I was impressed she did 3 considering she hasn't been running much lately. I had a hard time imagining finishing 6, but I just kept doing them until I was done. Crazy how that works! The 5th one was a little slower, but I maintained the same pace for the last one! Whew!

I cooled down then went strait to the pool. It was hard to swim after that hard run workout. I was so tired, but I pushed through and did 2300 yards. 

I will hopefully start swimming Tuesday and Thursday nights while the kids to swimming lessons, so I won't have to do Wednesday mornings after speed work any more. We'll see how that works out.

Here's a cute picture of George from the zoo on Monday.

I was so tired Monday after doing a tempo run and swimming so I took them to the zoo to tire them out before nap time. It worked. George slept for several hours and I was able to take a nice nap. But then I wasn't able to sleep that night so I'm going to try to stay awake today so I can sleep tonight. This morning was so awesome, I'm so glad I got up for all that work! I am so tired, though!

Yesterday I did a brick all in zone 2, but I tried to do the run at the top of zone 2, as fast as I could without going into zone 3. Saturday I rode 50 miles and was able to do a 3 mile run afterwards in 27:24!! i Have no idea what my heart rate was for that, though... NOT zone 2!

I have 4 more hard weeks, then it will be time to taper for 2 weeks (and go to North Carolina!!), then I get to see how fast I can do 70.3 miles! I'm excited and hope that I can just stay strong and work hard for these next 4 weeks. That's a lot for me, I am usually ready for a recovery week after 2 or 3 so we'll see how I hold up.

No comments:

Post a Comment