Monday, November 4, 2013

I'm back!!

It's been a long time since I posted so to try and make up for that, I'm going to throw a bunch of pictures at you!

Let's start on October 9th:

I had taken pretty much the whole month of September off running. I had been doing physical therapy for my achillies tendon for 2 weeks and it was feeling really good so I finally decided to try running again after about 2 months! Yay! 

I went to the indoor track at the gym so I could stop at anytime if it started to hurt. Of course, once I started I did not want to stop.


I walked the first half mile, then ran a mile and a half, walked another half mile then decided to run another half mile because It felt so good and I loved it so much! I didn't want to stop! But maybe that was a little too much. 


My achillies felt good while I was running, but afterwards, when I went to my PT appointment, it was sore again, and their ice and electo-shock treatment, which is usually miraculous, didn't even really help much. The rest of the day it hurt so bad, I was limping again and mad at myself for trying. I was so depressed and felt like I would never get better, but then when I woke up in the morning it was pretty much 100% better! I could not believe it! Maybe the miricle of the electo shock just took longer this time. Anyway, I still didn't dare run again until it didn't hurt at all for a week and my physical therapist told me I was ok to try again.

October 18th was such a beautiful day! 


I just went to my PT appointment early and ran around for 20 minutes before I went in. It felt great! I got a slight twinge when I tried running uphill so I turned and went a different way, but other than that it felt really good! My therapist declared that I was ready to graduate, gave me a t-shirt and told me he didn't want to see me again! You know us runners, always excited to get a free t-shirt!


The next time I ran was September 23, another georgous day, and I had NO pain at all! My hurt right foot felt just as good as my left foot, and I seriously had been wondering if that day would ever come!



I have kept doing my strengthening and stretching exersises and am still taking it really easy. I've been running about 2-3 times a week, with my longest run being this Sauturday, which was another georgous fall day, where I went 2.5 miles.





Life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment