Wednesday, January 22, 2014

George's Birthday and More!

Oh man, I'm falling behind again! It's really hard to get back into the habit of writing on here more frequently. We had a pretty packed weekend so I'll just do a quick photo update.

Thursday was George's 3rd birthday!! I love this little boy so much! He is just so great and I'm so grateful to have him!


I took him to Toys R Us to pick out some dinosaurs to put on his cake and also so he could have something fun on his birthday. He also got to go on a boat ride with Tigger while we were there!


Later I went to the eye doctor and had to get my eyes dilated! I don't think I've ever done that before so it was kind of weird! Plus I freaked the kids out with my black eyes! Ahhh!


Friday afternoon I got to run outside with my new running friend! It was so great to run outside even though the air was starting to get bad and we knew it would probably be the last time for a while. It is really bad now. Sad face. But we ran 5 miles in 50 minutes and it was awesome and my Achilles felt good the whole time. No problems at all! So that made my day.

Friday night, Pete and I went to Nitro Circus Live!

It was my Christmas present to Pete and it was pretty much the craziest thing I've ever seen! They have a movie on Netflix you can check out if you like seeing people do amazing tricks (and crashing a lot) on everything from motor bikes (We saw someone do a double back flip which, I guess, is a really rare occurrence) to coolers (you heard my right) getting pushed down a big ramp! It was a lot of fun.


Saturday I spent the morning working on George's cake, but I did squeeze in some Nike Training Club workouts (30 minutes total and it about killed me!).

We had his party with my family in Heber that afternoon where we swam, ate tacos, opened presents and had cake. I think George had a pretty good time.


Afterwards, we rushed home to have another fun little party with some friends after the kids were in bed. Haha

Sunday everyone was feeling tired and not up to snowboarding, but I felt like I would go insane if I didn't get my weekly mountain fix so we just headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon and went for an easy little hike. Like seriously easy, maybe half a mile on a hard packed road. But the kids mostly just had a blast playing in the snow and I got to take in the beauty all around me so everyone was happy.







Monday I was feeling stressed in the morning so I ended up skipping spin class, but I did go in later and swim. Then I took the kids to the climbing gym since they were out of school for MLK Day. This is the first time I've taken them by myself and I was kind of sad not to get to climb (since I had no one to belay me), but it was also really fun to just have one on one time with each of them as they took their turns and the others ran off to play with Geroge. I call it a win!

Tuesday I got up kind of early, with just enough time for a 15 minute run. I had planned on going to Zumba later, but I ended up having a stomach ache which made Zumba not sound quite as fun so I sat and read my book instead.

Today I got to go with Mindy and all the 6-12 graders on a field trip to Hale Center Theater to see The Foreigner. That was a lot of fun and I really liked the play, it was funny and had a good story.


In the afternoon I dropped the car off at the shop (again) and Elle came with me so we got to walk the mile home together. That was nice. Ah to be 7 again! (Ok, not really, but I do admire her imagination and enthusiasm for life, I hope she keeps that!)


My Achilles is still feeling really good! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment