Monday, April 5, 2010

10 for 10

This is going to be a quick post since I'm on my iPhone. Keep that in mind if you see any weird misspellings...

Friday was Autism Awareness day so I wanted to make sure and remind you that that's what I'm running for this year. I personally don't have any stories or anything about autism, but Sam does so go check out his blog.

This Saturday I got up and had my usual pre-long run breakfast of oatmeal with a little brown sugar, banana and peanut butter. Actually my usual long run breakfast would probably be oatmeal with blueberries, but that hasn't been sounding as good since I discovered the the peanut butter veriety. I should go back to the blueberries, though because the antioxidants help you recover, and that's always good, right?

Anyway, I headed out on my run at about 7:30 and this time I made sure to bundle up better. I'd rather be a little too warm or just take stuff off than be cold like I was last week. I wore pants, a jacket over short sleeves, gloves and ear warmers. I did end up taking the ear warmers off for like the last mile, but not because I was hot. They were just soaking wet and not doing much good any more. I was fine without them by then, though.

I ran through downtown, up North Temple and was siprised to see how many people were already gathering at the conference center for The General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It didn't start until 10:00 so they were more than 2 hours early! On the way home it was so crowded I had to slow down to make my way through ll the people. It was a cool thing to see, but it made me feel bad that I was just out running when all these people were all dressed up and there early, and a lot of them probably traveled a ways too. I did go home and listen to and watch pretty much the whole thing when I got home and the next day, and it was really good, but it made me think that it would be good to try to go sometime while we're living so close. It would be a neat experience to see the prophet and apostles in person. Maybe when the kids are a little older and can sit for 2 hours better.

From North Temple, I ran up Memory Grove and onto Bonneville Blvd, up that and onto 11th Avenue, then I got to turn around and come back down! I took my Gel at about 45:00, and right now I can't even remember where I was at that point, but this is where I was at almost half-way:



I had to stop and take this picture at the top of Bonneville Blvd. because it was so impressive! I felt really good that I had run all the way up there! (I live down below the Capitol)

It was a pretty long hard hill to run up, and pretty much the whole first half of my run was uphill so it was pretty slow. (I gained a total of 739 ft.) But I got some pretty good times on the way home! Here are my splits:

9:58
10:06
10:44
11:34 (I'm amazed it was this good, I glanced down and saw it in the 13s!)
11:31
8:42
9:12 (this would be better but I took a detour up City Creek to use their restrooms.)
8:10
8:41
8:54

Total Distance: 10.1 miles
Total Time: 1:36:40
Average Pace: 9:39 min/mile

I'm ok with my times because it that was a pretty good hill! I'm just happy that I felt so much better than last week! It was a great run! Taking that detour to use the bathroom on the way back was nice too because then I got to 10 miles a couple blocks from home so I got to stop and walk a little ways.

So, if you're impressed that I ran 10 miles on Saturday, and in honor of Aitism Awareness Day on Friday, would you donate $10 to Operation Jack for me today?That's just $1 for every mile I ran, and I won't even ask you to donate $26.20 for the amount I will be running in 2 months.

Go here to donate.

Thank you for all your support and for stopping by to read my blog. I always look forward to telling you my latest acheivments!

No comments:

Post a Comment