Tuesday, January 11, 2011


Well, today came and went just like any other day with no signs of labor whatsoever. It would have been too good to be true to have my baby ON my due date, though.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday and at least I am progressing! I'm dilated to 3+ cm and 50% effaced. I did tell her that I really don't want to be induced so we set up an appointment for Friday morning so she can monitor the baby and do an ultrasound just to make sure everything's ok to wait. However, she doesn't want me to go more than 7-10 days over so if we don't induce on Friday, we will between the 18th and 20th.

Now I'm feeling really torn about being induced or not. I know it's safer for me to go into labor myself, but I just don't know if I can do that. I was induced for my first two four days after their due dates, then had a c-section with Elle because she was breech, so I don't know what would have happened with her. So, we're thinking maybe we'll do the induction after all. I do want my doctor to check me out first on Friday before we decide, but it would be a lot more convenient since my dad already has the day off and is planning on coming to watch the kids. Crazy?

I can't decide! Hopefully I'll just go into labor myself Friday morning, then I won't have to worry about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there!! The baby will come at the perfect time, with or without an induction. Trust your dr.'s judgement and listen to your heart!