Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow, I can't believe it's already 2011! I'd like to say that this year just flew by, but then I think back to all my long days feeling sick and I can't decide if it did or not. It does seem weird because I'm now planning for the same race schedule (almost) I was last year at this time, so it's like last year didn't happen.

Looking back at my New Years post from last year, here are my resolutions for 2010 and how I did:

  1. Pay the credit card off (We DID have it paid off before Christmas... I don't dare look at it now.)
  2. Have family home evening every Monday (I'd say we had family night most Mondays, and the kids now expect it so that's good!)
  3. Read from the scriptures every day (I may have skipped a few days)
  4. Finish the whole Bible (Um, yeah, the Bible is really long! I'm still in the middle of Psalms. Pete says I'm crazy and that nobody reads the whole Bible, but I'll keep plugging along.)
  5. Be more patient with my kids (... this one's hard to really track. I think I'm getting better though)
  6. Give my kids more positive feedback (Also hard to track. I'll keep working on it.)
  7. Go to the temple more often (This really didn't happen. We only went a few times. Sad.)
  8. Finish a marathon in under 4 hours (No marathon for me last year.)
  9. Qualify for Age Group Nationals at BAM (No BAM either.)

Getting pregnant really changed a lot of my plans for the year and made it a lot less eventful, but it was still a really great year! I am just so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and fun children, and I'm excited for the new baby who we'll be meeting really soon now! I know 2011 will be a great year too, and I can't wait to get started!

Last night I went out for New Years Eve for the first time since y2k I think! We have some awesome friends who offered to have the kids sleep over at their house so we could go out, and I'm so thankful to them! We had reservations with some friends at a fancy restaurant called Forage where we had a 9 course "tasting" meal. It was so cool. They brought us the menu, but we didn't have to make any decisions. The waiter just started bringing us food. Each course was really little, but very beautifully presented and very good, and we had a lot of time between courses to chat with our friends. It ended up taking 2 1/2 hours for the whole thing, and we were all just amazed at how delicious some of the things were. We even got to try squab ("What is a squab anyway?" "You know what a squab is. It's kine of like a pigeon I guess.") which was delicious, and Elk. I've eaten Elk a ton, but our friend had never had it before, and this Elk was like a really good steak. It must have been farm raised. Everything was local and seasonal which is really cool. It was so much fun! It might have to be our new tradition.

We got home at around 10 so we just watched a movie and had cheese and crackers. The movie ended at exactly 12 too! It was a fun night, and since we didn't have kids this morning we went out to breakfast. We wanted to go to The Park Cafe which is our favorite for breakfast, but it was closed so we went to Coachman's instead which was really good. I'm excited for the kids to get home, though. Oddly enough, I miss them! I even dreamt about Elle. I hope she had a good time and didn't wake up with any nightmares like she is prone to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment