Thursday, August 18, 2011

North Carolina - Day 1 (Travel)

Friday, August 12, Pete and the kids dropped my sister, Katie, George and me off at the airport at 6am. This was going to be George's first flight, and my first flight with a baby. George was actually the first one of my kids to ride on a plane, and yes, the other kids were jealous.

He was so sweet, we got on the plane and he played for a few minutes, then he just laid down on Katie's lap and fell asleep for take-off. He slept for about 45 minutes like that. So sweet!

He woke up for a while, and I learned that there's not really anywhere to change a baby on an airplane. I had to change him on my lap in the tiny bathroom. He was just happy and played some more, then I put him in his sling and he fell back to sleep.

All together now, "Awwwwww"

The only part of the flight that wasn't good was the landing. As soon as we started descending, he started crying so hard! It was so sad! I didn't realize until after this that he had a cold. I've flown with cold before and couldn't believe how much it hurt so I kind of knew how he felt. Pool little guy.

Here we are in the bathroom at the Atlanta airport, so glad to be off the plane! Also happy to have a nice surface to change a diaper on!

We were in Atlanta for about 2 hours, then flew to New Burn which was a quick flight with another sleepy take-off and a really tough landing. Poor George. By the time we'd landed I was about ready to stay there forever so I wouldn't have to put him through that again!

We rented a car and drove about half an hour to my Grandparent's house in Morehead City.

It was so fun for my Grandpa to be able to meet George since he actually hasn't met any of my other kids!

Of course it was fun for my Grandma to meet him too. Everyone just loves this little boy!

It was dark by the time we got to our condo so we just took a short trip to the beach with the stroller my Grandma had rented for us to check it out, then got settled in. It was tempting to postpone my long run since we'd spent the whole day traveling, but I decided to head to bed early (kind of) and wake up early to run for 2 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment