Sunday, August 21, 2011

North Carolina - Day 5 (Homeward Bound)

Tuesday morning I had kind of planned on going on a short run, but with how tired and sunburned and chafed I was, I couldn't get myself to do it. Instead we slept in until 8, packed up and check out by 10. We went and hung out at my grandparents house, met some of their neighbors and showed off my baby.

Here's George doing some planks with his great grandma.


We did a little shopping then went to lunch at Panera with my grandma before it was time to say our goodbyes and head back to the airport.

The flights home were so much better than the flights out. He hardly cried at all, and mostly slept on the long flight since it was past his bedtime. I'm thinking it was because he was over his cold, and I was so glad! We had dinner at Chili's in the Atlanta airport too so that was fun.


On the long flight, at one point he woke up just long enough to look at me, say, "Mmmm," touch my face then go back to sleep. It was pretty much the sweetest thing ever.

I seriously can't get enough of this boy.

What a great little vacation this was! Even though I had George with me, I still had significantly fewer people to take care of and got some good relaxing time in. There was no one to get after or make sure they were doing what they were supposed to. I really love my kids, and I spent the whole time thinking about how much they would have loved it there, but it was also nice to take a little time away. Pete was wonderful to take care of them by himself while I was gone, along with taking care of our latest flood.

Yep, another flood. That makes 5 in the 3 years we've lived here. This time it was from the sewer so we had to have the carpets, mats, linoleum and bottom 2 feet of drywall ripped out. It's pretty much a mess down there right now. Luckily it's all cleaned out, but it's not really livable down there so the girls have been sleeping upstairs and we've pretty much cut our square footage in half so we're in a little bit closer quarters than we're used to. It should be all fixed up in a few weeks. Meanwhile we've got the first day of school on Wednesday, Utah Half on Saturday, then my birthday the next week. We'll just have to try not to get too stressed out...

No comments:

Post a Comment