Sunday, November 20, 2011

A New PR and Rock Climbing!

I actually got both of my swims in this week! Yay! Wednesday and Friday. That's the first time in the last 2 months that I've gotten 2 swims in a week. Tha'ts actually pretty sad. But, I'm happy I was able to do it this week, even though I slept in both days so I was rushed and had to cut them a little short. I still did it, though, and I hope that means I'm on the way back to making it a habit.

Yesterday morning I got to sleep in - well, stay in bed - until 9, which was really nice. After breakfast and getting george back down for his nap, I headed out on my run. I usually like to do a long run on Saturdays, but since I missed both my fast runs this week (Monday for snowboarding and Thursday for sleeping), I decided to do a fast run.

I ran nice and easy for a mile to warm up, then I did 5k as fast as I could, with another easy mile to cool down. It was hard.

I was able to do my first mile in 8:46 which was awesome, and I was so excited because I felt good and thought I could keep that pace up.

No, I couldn't.

Before I knew it I was back to my 10 min/mile pace thinking, dang it! I went out too hard. I need to learn to hold myself back a little more that first mile.

My next mile took 9:21 and I wasn't quite as happy with that.

I tried to keep my pace at around 9 for the last mile, but it was really hard and every part of my body was telling me to slow down.

I fought and fought, and even said, "come on!" out loud towards the end. I finished that mile in 9:20 (with :47 for the .1 which is 7:55 pace!) and I was dead!

5k Total Time: 28:15
Average Pace: 9:07 min/mile

It was hard, but it was worth it because that is :54 faster than my last 5k! Wahoo! I am so close to the 9:oo min/mile mark, though! That will be my goal for my upcoming 5k. I don't know if I've mentioned it on here, but I'm doing the Jingle Bell 5k on December 3rd with some of the girls from my running group. If you'd like to do it, join our team! It's called "West Side Stroller Runners" and we're going to have so much fun dressing up all Christmas-y for it.

After I got home, and got showered, we went up to Bountiful where the kids and I went to Joann while Pete and George went to Zapponi and ordered pizza. I was able to find the fabric I need for the rest of Ethan's quilt and curtains! This was the first time it was actually EASIER to go to Joann with my kids! It worked out so perfectly because there was a gingerbread house decorating contest going on so the kids watched that while I found my fabric, then they waited in the long line to pay while I got the fabric cut, and we were able to get back to the pizza place not too long after the pizza was ready! SWEET!

When we got done eating, we decided go to look around in DI since it's right there too, and I got a nice pair of jeans and a nice pair of Asics running pants for $10! I was pretty excited about that!

When we got home, Pete said, "Should we go climbing tonight?" Of course I couldn't turn that down so I set about texting some girls while hemming my new jeans because they were a little too long and frayed on the bottom. I was kind of skeptical about finding a baby-sitter since it was already 4:30 and we wanted to leave at 7, but I did get one!

We went up to The Front in Ogden. I'd never been there before, and it is really nice! Two weeks ago, we went to Momentum climbing gym with some friends and it was really fun, and it's bigger than The Front but it was so crowded and loud. This one just had a more relaxed atmosphere and there was never more than 3 other people climbing with us. It was fun. We spent 2 hours there and we both climbed until we couldn't climb any more. Pete did 9 routes and I was able to do 7.

Too bad when we got home, we found out our baby-sitter's mom had to come over and get George to sleep because he was just so sad. I'd really like to start climbing at least once a week, but that makes it really hard to want to leave George. :( But the good thing was he was asleep when we got home and he only woke up once at 4am, then went back to sleep until 8:30 which was better than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment