Sunday, August 11, 2013

Aqua Jogging

Hello! I did something new this week! I went aqua jogging!

I feel like I'm going crazy with all the inactivity I've had lately, even though I know it is helping my foot a LOT! It feels much better! I did want to do something so I decided to try aqua jogging.

On Wednesday, I looked up a few youtube videos on how to do it and decided it would probably be the best thing for me to do right now.

Here's a good one.

But then I couldn't get myself to get up and go by myself on Thursday so I asked around to see if anyone would go with me on Friday. I was so lucky to have 2 friends agree to try it out with me!

At first we were doing it back and forth in the deep end. Then everyone left so we had room to actually just do it in a circle and that was a lot easier because it's kind of distruptive to have to start again after turning around.

I don't know if I was doing a fast enough turn over because it didn't feel like my heart-rate was very high. It did feel like a nice workout. Going into it, I thought we would be doing good to get half an hour in, but we ended up aqua jogging for almost an hour and a half! It was really fun because we were able to just chat the whole time so the time just flew by.

It didn't hurt my foot/ankle at all to do this. The only negative thing I felt was my elbow started to hurt. Maybe from holding it in one position for too long?

The next day I DID feel it in my quads so I know it did something! I will probably do it a few more times next week before trying to run on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment