Thursday, August 8, 2013

Doctor's Orders

I went to the foot doctor yesterday to get my foot checked out. It was feeling much better than the past few days so I was really hopeful that it wouldn't be anything too serious. It also made it hard to tell him exactly where it hurt. Dang it! :)

He took an x-ray and it looked really good, no fractures in sight. Yay! So it's just the "soft tissue" that is injured which is good, but he said something like that can take from 2 up to 8 weeks to heal! I don't think that will be the case for me since it's not a serious tear in the tendon or anything. The little tendons on the side of my foot have just been abused a little bit and need some TLC.

The doctor asked me to baby my foot for 2 more weeks, then I can try running again if it's not hurting. I said, "So, no marathon in 6 weeks?" and he said it might still be a possibilty! We just have to see what happens.  I'm thinking it might be wise not to do it either way just because all that downhill will be a lot of stress on my feet! Maybe I'll do the SoJo Marathon again in October instead. The good thing is that I have until September 7th to withdraw my registration for the Big Cottonwood Marathon so it's not like I'm going to lose the money or anything. That helps a lot! But I'm trying not to obsess about it too much right now while I'm just sitting around all day...

In the mean time, I will take the gondola up the mountain instead of running, and enjoy spending time with my sweet children and letting them take care of me. Here's some photos from the last few days:


 Elle, at the top, showing off her season pass to Snowbasin Resort! We all got passes are are so excited about this!

Riding the gondola back down. We LOVE the gondola!


George is getting old enough to practically fend for himself now. He figured out how to open pistachios yesterday!

Tomorrow I'm going to try aqua jogging so that should be interesting! I'll keep you posted about how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment