Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Farewell Good Weather

I've made a goal to put more post more pictures so here's one of our beautiful little pear tree out back. Of course this was taken back when it was still summer - last month.

I can not wait for daylight savings to end. I hate having to wake up when it's still dark, it makes it so much harder. I couldn't get the kids out of bed this morning until after 7:40, and even then they were moving really slowly. I was so mad, and they were late. I've been trying to get them to school on time this year, but there was just no way that was going to happen this morning.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but I wasn't feeling very well either. I put cartoons on for Elle and went back to bed when I got home.

After my rant yesterday, Pete ended up being able to work from home today. It was a good thing too because my phone was dead when the school tried to call me. They got through to Pete right away and told him that Mindy was complaining about a stomach ache, and that she never complains so her teacher was worried. I immediately went and picked her up. The poor girl looked so sad sitting in the office.

When I went to pick her up it was snowing giant snow flakes. It was really pretty. For the most part, I hate snow, but I do love it when it snows with big fluffy flakes like that. We had a little snow stick, but I don't think it will last. It did seem like we were suddenly thrust into winter, though. It was quite a rude awakening, and I didn't like that. It's weird how quickly we forget about winter when we're enjoying the summer. It just makes summer seem so fleeting. I need to try and enjoy the winter though. We've got a good 5-6 months of it to go.

I didn't workout at all today, even though Pete was home all day so it would have been a good time to go out. Except for the snow and the cold...

Now I'm feeling better and could go set up the trainer, but I don't think I will. I hate working out in the evening. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment