Monday, October 12, 2009

Turbo Jam + 3 miles

There's a group of women who meet at the church (which is across the street from my house) every morning to do some kind of workout. They bring their little kids so they can all play together, and it's really fun. Last time we went, Elle didn't want to leave, and it's been really good for me to get to know some more people.

I was planning on doing a run today, but thought I'd go to this too, mostly for the social aspect. Well, today Elle was having a hard time and kept crying because "the other kids wouldn't play with her". At least that's what she said. I didn't know she cared so much about that. Anyway, I kept having to pick her up or help her so I only got about half of the Turbo Jam video in. It was only 20 minutes to start with anyway. We also ended up leaving early because she just didn't want to be there so I didn't really get to chat with the other moms. Oh well, better luck next time.

We left the church and headed strait for the gym, which for some reason she was fine with. She was a little sad when I started to leave her, but then they pulled some puzzles out and she didn't care about me anymore. She does always end up having a fun time there (except for the time that baby hit her in the head with a dinosaur) so that's good.

I just wanted to try and run 3 miles at a 9-minute-mile pace. I did it before so I knew it was possible, but today I was just a little bit over. I finished the 3 miles in like 27:06 (or something, I actually can't remember the exact number, but it was just over). I think the problem might have been that I didn't warm up long enough. I kind of felt like I was already warmed up because of the little workout I did at the church, but then I had to drive all the way to the gym and everything. I think I was just a little too anxious to get the 3 miles done so I only warmed up for like 3 laps. I will make sure to warm-up for a full mile next time. I did cool down for a whole 11-minute mile, though, so I got a total of about 4.5 miles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment