Friday, July 1, 2011

No Lake Today

I was planning to do my swim tonight in Sand Hollow Reservoir since we were going to go down to St. George, but that ended up not happening. My sister in law is due to have her baby today and we are going to watch their kids when they go in so we need to stick around for that.

So, this morning I went to the pool as usual. After a long warm up, I did 1500 yards in 29:11. I tried not to push too hard since it was my long swim not a time trial, but it's always fun to see how fast you I can do it. I'm going to shoot for that or faster at Echo.

I found out yesterday that there is going to be a free swim clinic and tri at my gym on Monday. I was planning on missing it since we were going to be out of town, but now it looks like I'm going to be around so I think I'll do it. It's just in the pool and by time instead of distance. It'll be a 20 minute swim, 40 minute bike and 30 minute run. I'm scheduled to do a 1000 yard swim and a 30 minute run anyway so I might as well throw in a little bike ride too. Does that sound like a bad idea with Echo being 5 days later?

If you're interested in doing this tri, here's some more info. Let me know if you want to do it!

There's also a swim clinic at Echo tomorrow morning that I would really like to go to just to be able to get in the lake once before the race. But it starts at 8, and that's when I'm usually back from my workouts to feed George. The lake is about an hour away too so that causes even more logistical problems with George. Not to mention the fact that our Jeep has a flat tire. Hmmm, I think I'll just stick with my original plan and do my long ride in the morning. It's easier that way.

I was also going to do the Kiss Me Dirty run tomorrow, but I've decided not to do it, first because we were going to be in St. George, but also because it just seems too risky to go running in mud and jumping obstacles when I'm just getting over a foot injury and the race I care more about is next week. I'd be so sad if I sprained my ankle or something. So sadly, I'll be skipping that too.

A long bike ride will be nice in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment