Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tapering LIKE A BOSS!

This last week has been amazing! We took the kids to Atlantic Beach, North Carolina to visit my grandma and the beach, and I loved every minute of it!

I timed this trip so that it would be during my taper. The day before we left (Friday August 10th) I ran 15.6 miles. It was really hard. I did it on the Jordan River Parkway trail which is mostly flat so I didn't really get any downhill breaks. Plus it was hot, and well, 15.6 miles is a long way to run! I was shooting for 16 miles, but this ended up taking me a little over 3 hours so I called it good when I got home a little short! The rest of the day was spent packing and getting ready to go because we would leave bright and early Saturday morning, and my taper oficially began!

We spent the whole day Saturday traveling. The kids were so excited to ride on a plane for the first time!


The two flights went just beautifully, with only a little bit of crying from George on the first landing. It was really nice to have one whole row to ourselves so George could move around among the kids, and having my phone for him to play with didn't hurt either.


Playing at the Atlanta airport during our layover. So much fun!!



When we got to Raleigh, it was pooring rain. We drove a short ways to our friends' house where we got to relax and spend the night. They fed us an awesome dinner with hamburgers and jalopeno poppers and our kids just had a blast playing with their kids. In fact, Ethan didn't want to leave the next morning!

But, we did leave just afternoon because we had to drive for 3 hours and pick up Katie at the New Burn airport on our way to the beach. We timed it pretty much perfectly, even with stopping at Bojangels (the famous chicken and biscit chain that is all over down there) and a park on the way.


We rented this sweet orange mini-van for the trip that was quite a hit. Oh and George got a new carseat because they lost ours during the flight so they just gave us this one. Whew! It's nice and comfy too!

We stopped at my grandma and grandpa's house on the way to the condo, and it was so good to see them! We didn't stay long because you know how kids are in great grandparents' houses! We got to the condo Sunday evening and Katie and I took the kids down to see the water, telling them not to put swim suits on because we weren't getting in. Except that we forgot it's impossible for kids to not get in when there's water and shells and crabs involved. We went back with them soaking wet and excited for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment