Friday, December 2, 2011

Starting Masters Again!

So Wednesday I went swimming early in the morning - not quite as early as I would have liked, but I got there by 6:30 or so. Just as I was getting into the pool, this guy came up to me and asked me if I just put my head down and swim laps or if I do workouts, and if I would be interested in doing Masters from 6 to 7 Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Am I?! :)

I told him I was very interested, and that I'd wanted to come, but that I hadn't been able to make it to the sessions at noon because I have kids at home. He was like, "Yeah, I don't know how people make it at noon." I kind of had a workout in mind, but I was happy to have him watch me swim and give me some pointers, some drills to do and a nice workout. He had me do a 500 ladder that was fun and hard. Then I did 5 more 100s and cooled down. I told him I would be there Friday and he said he'd have a workout for me. Saweet!

Today I was much better at getting up on time since I knew someone was expecting me! I actually had to wake George up to feed him before I left, and he pretty much slept all night for the 3rd night in a row! Last night he did wake up at about 11 but I was able to get him back to sleep pretty quickly without nursing him which I was ok with. I was still late, but only by 10 minutes so I got a really super good, hard workout in!

It was really cool because it was just me and one other lady who had her own workout so it was almost like I had my own personal coach. He had me do a few more drills, and a bunch of building and sprinting. He said I swim really well, I just need to work on stretching my arm all the way out. He said that my stroke smoothes out a lot when I speed up so I just need to work on that.

For the life of me, I can not remember everything I did. This is what I can remember, but I swear it was more than 2000 yards! I was so tired afterwards (I still am)!

300 free/back warmup
150 drill
150 drill?
400 (4 x 100 kick/sprint/kick/sprint)
200 kick
100 sprint
200 kick
100 sprint
200 (4 X 50 sprint, flip turn, easy)
200(4 x 50 easy cooldown & work on flip turns)

Yeah, he made me do flip turns too. Yuck.

It actually wasn't that bad, and I think I'm kind of getting it, but I have a sinus head ache from getting too much water in my nose I think. I'll get it, though.

I'm excited for my next workout with him on Wednesday! Anyone want to meet me there at 6am?

I'm not going Monday because hopefully I'll be going snowboarding!

1 comment:

  1. I need to get back in the pool. I've been such a slacker since my season has been over. Maybe if I had a master's class, I'd get back to it. Good for you for getting there! :) You are inspiring me!!!

    ReplyDelete