Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Flashback - Spudman 2007

Spudman Triathlon - July 28, 2007 - Olympic

This was my first olympic distance tri! I thought it would be a good first one because the swim is downstream and the bike and run are pretty flat. It was still really hard to run that 6.2 though!

Pete did this one with me also, and it was really fun because we left the kids with my dad and just had a little trip by ourselves. We drove up to Burley, Idaho the night before and slept in the Jeep amongst hundreds of other athletes on the golf course which is right on the race course.

I love this race! It's so fun swimming downstream, then jumping in the river after your done to cool off and play around. I was still nursing Elle so the main thing I remember is being really uncomfortable during the run because of not nursing for so long! Ouch!

Swim 1500m - 20:32 (about the same as my sprint times!)
T1 - 5:25
Bike 25 miles - 1:18:33
T2 - 6:21
Run - 1:13:09
Finish Time - 3:04:03





On the way home, we saw this crazy little cyclone!

No comments:

Post a Comment