Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Day Treat

This is my Groundhog Day treat (Warning, this is very decadent!):

We do our family night on Wednesday nights since that's when everyone's home, and that's the night I get to make a treat! Last night we wanted to have brownies with ice cream. I found this recipe by Alton Brown. We love Alton Brown! Pretty much anytime I'm looking for a recipe, if I see one by him, that's the one I pick. These brownies are so chocolaty, there's more than twice the amount of cocoa than flour! Yes, please. (They were actually too chocolaty for Elle, she didn't like them)

I made this in muffin cups so we would have little individual brownies.

Then we topped it with Haagen Daz dulce de leche (carmel) and/or vanilla ice cream. We take our ice cream seriously! We love Haagan Daz because look at the list of ingredients for their vanilla: Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Natural Vanilla. That's it! And it's just so, so good!

Anyway, I wanted to have it again tonight with the left-overs. Then I got the idea to try making some chocolate syrup to go with it, and found this recipe using agave necter. I ended up adding another squirt of agave, and about 2-3 tbsp. butter, and it's really good! No sugar! :)

Put it all together, and OH. My. Heavens. Such a treat!

This would make a great Valentine's Day treat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment