Monday, November 9, 2009

Beautiful Tempo Run

My Street. Taken last year (Nov. 21, 2008).

This morning Mindy woke up and promptly threw up. She was so sad because she really wanted to go to school. What a good girl, hu? Luckily she didn't throw up again, and was feeling much better by this evening so I think she'll be OK to go tomorrow.

I put cartoons on for Mindy and Elle while I took Ethan in. When I got home, Pete said he'd be be around long enough for me to run, so I headed out. It was a little chilly when I first started, and I was wishing I'd worn gloves, but by the end I was getting hot.

I started off pretty easy, but not too easy. I had to keep holding myself back a little, reminding myself I was still warming up. I think I was just excited to be out running again. The time on my first (warm-up) mile was about 9:13.

This was a tempo run so I pushed it pretty hard. I decided to try and do the three miles in under 9-minute miles. Here are my mile splits:

  1. 8:52
  2. 8:53
  3. 8:57

I did another mile to cool-down, but I didn't want to do it too slow. Most of the time I was running at about 10:30, but I ran fast at the end to get it down to 10:03.

I did the entire 5 miles in 46:03. Almost 9-minute miles (9:12 average, to be exact). I'm pretty happy with that!

Another thing to do to help you enjoy the fall is get out and see the beautiful scenery. I really wished I'd brought my camera because there was one spot on the running path that was just framed in with the orange and yellow leaves. It was really pretty, and I was so glad I got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment