Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Dream of Racing

Elle (August 17, 2008)

This morning I dreamt that I had just finished a Half Ironman, and I was surprised that I was just a little sore. The weird thing about the dream was that Carol from Triathlon Training Blog also came and did the race (whatever race it was, it must have been nearby) and she stayed with me. Unfortunately, I also had a ton of other people staying at my house (I have no idea where these people all slept!) and everything was so crazy that I didn't even get a chance to talk to her. I was bummed about that. A few weeks ago I dreamt that goSonja came to visit and we went swimming at this awesome swimming pool.

Maybe I'm on twitter a little too much!

So, the feeling sore was actually real. I was a little sore today from that hard run yesterday, but that's as it should be. No pain, no gain. I have always liked the feeling of sore muscles (to a point) because it means that I worked and that I'm getting stronger! I'm not going to get faster by just sitting around, am I?

I did just sit around today, though. Well, not really. Elle and I got the whole upstairs cleaned up using the laundry basket as a train. She'd push it around and we'd make a stop whenever we saw toys or shoes or books or anything that needed to be picked up. At some of the stops, some of the stuff had to get off to be put away and that thing would say, "Bye everyone!" It was so much fun, and Elle loved it! The best part was that I didn't just feel like a maid, I felt like I was spending time with my little girl.

It's amazing how much my stress level goes down when the house is clean! It's totally worth it for me to take a day to do that. I also planned out dinners for this week before I went grocery shopping, so that made dinner time a lot less stressful. I need to do that more often.

Elle and I also went on a little walk to the store, and she just held my hand as we walked. It was so sweet! That was my exercise for the day, and I was fine with that. Tomorrow I plan to go for a bike ride with the trailer since it's supposed to be the warmest day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment