Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blustery Bike Ride

Look at my cute family fixin' bikes (taken 9/9/2008)

This morning it was all gray and windy so I didn't want to head out on my bike right away even though I probably could have gone by myself that way. I kind of thought that later in the day it would be a little nicer so I just worked on my sister's quilt for a few hours. I was getting close to getting it done so I was excited to get back to work on it. I did get all the squares/lines sewn together today too! Very exciting stuff! I'll post pictures when it's all done.

As I was spending the morning working on the quilt, I started to worry that it would actually get worse and start raining or something, then I wouldn't even get to go. After we made cookies (ok, we had to make cookies! It as a stormy looking day, what else could we do?) and had lunch, I got the bike trailer hooked up and we got all ready. I put Elle's pillow and blanket in there so she was all snuggly, and she fell asleep right away, and slept until we got home.

The great thing about riding in the wind is that you get to push hard and be humbled one way, and go fast and have fun the other way. It's the best when you do the hard part first, and that's how it was today, though it wasn't really that windy. In fact, it wasn't that cold either. It looked worse than it was. I forgot to wear gloves, and my hands never even got cold. My feet were pretty cold by the end, though, but that's to be expected.

I rode hard for 50 minutes, down Warm Springs Road and back, and managed 12 miles. Let's say that's really good for riding with a bike trailer in the wind.

I had a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment