Sunday, October 3, 2010

Being a Mom and General Conference

Today is one of those days where I really am not loving being pregnant. (So far I would count the days that I have loved it at around 1 or 2) It seems like some days I'm more uncomfortable than others, and today it feels like my ribs are going to get pushed right out of my skin.

But, having another sweet little person in our family is going to be awesome. This weekend was Conference weekend for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It takes place at the Conference Center here in Salt Lake City, but it is broadcast and streamed on the internet all over the world. We're lucky enough to live in Utah where it is also broadcast on the local TV channels and the radio so it is very easy for us to see and listen to the Prophet and Apostles speak. We watched it at home on our new TV so that was really nice. At one point I wasn't feeling very good so I laid down, and Elle came and laid down with me. She fell asleep for the rest of the session, and it was so sweet!

(I only closed my eyes for a minute during one of the songs)

Moments like those don't happen much anymore. She's only going to be my baby for a few more months. Then I will have a new baby to snuggle with. It's kind of bittersweet that it won't be Elle anymore, but at the same time I love watching her grow up.

When Pete saw us laying there, he told me that I was lucky, and I am! I feel so incredibly blessed to be a mother and to have such beautiful children. Taking care of them, teaching them, and nurturing them is the most important responsibility I have, and I'm so grateful for it. I love being a mom. My family is so important, and it doesn't matter if I have to put a few of my wants (like races) on hold for a little while for them. I'm excited to meet our new little one in 3 months!

I just have to keep reminding myself that this belly isn't permanent. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how conference can give us a whole new light on things. I have been struggling with my kids for awhile now but after conference everything seems so much better and I have more patience with them and I feel like I'm being the mom I want to be. I'm hopeing that I can keep it up so I can always be the mom I want to be. Thanks for coming and spending Sunday evening with us!

    ReplyDelete