Monday, October 11, 2010

Quick, quick, quick!

Do you want to run a marathon? Well, why not make 2011 the year you do it? You don't run at all, you say? Well there is no time like the present to start! My sister started her official training today and this is what she did:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.


Pretty simple right? That is the first day from the Couch To 5k training plan. Even if you have never ran before, you can do this plan. It starts with the above and works you up to running for 30 minutes in 8 weeks. Then you can start training with us for the Utah Valley Marathon! You know you want to! :) We still have 8 months to get ready.

Or just pick a 5k to run. Races are fun!

Anyway.

Today is such a beautiful day! We had kind of a rushed morning and after dropping Elle off at preschool, I had to drop Pete off for a meeting that would take an hour. I told him I was planning on going swimming, but that I could make it quick so I'd be back to pick him up on time. He said, "swimming is always 2 hours." but I told him I'd make sure to get out by 10:15 even if it was a really short swim. It turned out that when I got into the pool I still had 35 minutes until my designated getting out time so I almost had time to do my usual workout since I've just been downing about 45 minutes in the pool anyway.

Swimming was great and I felt really good! In fact, for the last few days I've almost been able to forget I'm pregnant! Yay! I didn't think that would happen with this one! I was especially glad to get into the pool because my legs were really sore from sewing all day on Saturday while I watched the Ironman World Championships in Kona. It was a fun day and it sure flew by! George's quilt is turning out pretty cute too:


I got out, skipped the shower and picked Pete up right on time! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment