Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rain, rain, come whenever you want!


I'm almost too big for my BAM shirt, sad!

I did not want to go running this morning. I almost didn't go. Afterall, I'm pregnant, I can have two rest days in a row (uh, yeah, instead of swimming yesterday, I slept pretty much the whole time Elle was at preschool.). I was even going to just drive the kids to school, but then they begged to ride their bikes so I gave in and rode with them. This helped me realize that I really was feeling ok so I reconsidered the run. Pete was home so I was able to leave Elle with him and just go for a little run. I told myself I'd take it easy and it would be no big deal.

I almost said, "Never mind!" when I looked out the window and saw that it was raining, but instead I just grabbed a long sleeve shirt and a hat and headed out.

It's easy to let rain get in the way of a good run, but I actually like running in the rain (as long as it's not for 5 1/2 hours with no rain jacket), and felt happy as soon as I started! Running in the rain makes me feel awesome like, "Hey, I'm a runner! People who aren't runners wouldn't be out in this!"

Ok, so there were some people out at the dog park, but that doesn't count.

After about 2 songs, I started getting a side ach so I reminded myself that it was totally ok to stop and walk. After a few minutes it went away and I was able to start running again. After that I just felt great! I ran onto the bike path that took me into the park and over the river where the rain was making a million ripples on the dark water. Then I rounded a corner and could see the cityscape through the trees. It was all so beautiful, and I was just so happy to be out there! I couldn't help but smile as I ran.

This was actually the first run I've done by myself for a while, and I guess I forgot how much I love getting out, having some alone time and just running without having to worry about anybody else on their bike or in the stroller. I need to do this more often!

I probably did about 2.5 miles, and I'm determined to do at least 3 next time. I was having so much fun at the end that I had to run around the block a couple times to finish Bohemian Rhapsody - always a fun song to run to!

I'm so grateful that I went even though I didn't really want to, and that I'm feeling well enough again to be able to run! What a blessing that is! I might just get through these 9 months yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment