Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Today Should Have Been

Today I should have:

Gotten up at 5 and gone to my bike trainer class at 6
Come home
Fixed breakfast
Taken my wonderful children to school
Gone for an easy run
Gotten the house all clean

I didn't do any of that.

Well, I guess you could say I fixed breakfast, and I did get the kids to school on time, so there's something!

My back has been hurting since last Thursday, and I am getting really sick of it! I knew that riding my bike, especially doing high cadence intervals like we would, was not really going to help that.

Of course, neither did snowboarding.

Or swimming.

Or driving in a car for 10 hours.

Or belaying for a couple hours.

Or putting down/picking up a 23lb baby all day every day.

But I did those things last week anyway because I love them! (Ok, I don't love driving in a car for 10 hours, but I did love where it brought us!)

What I know would be good for my back is rest. Sleep. Lots and lots of glorious sleep. Plus, when I woke up this morning, I wasn't feeling very good and I worried I was coming down with our latest stomach bug. For those two reasons, I went back to sleep, and tried to take a nap during George's nap when I would normally have run.

I feel like such a slacker for doing this, especially since I just had a rest day on Sunday. Arg! It's ok, though. I think it's what my body needed. And even if it wasn't, it's not going to kill me.

My back feels pretty good now so I think I'll be back on track with Master's tomorrow, and I'll probably try to make up that easy run I missed today.

That is if Ethan's not still sick.

Yeah, he's throwing up tonight. What is it with our family and all this throwing up lately!?

Seriously, it is SO last year!

We were going to go snowboarding yesterday, but ended up not going because Ethan was sick. (Pete and George weren't feeling very well either) I thought he was better today, but he called me at lunch saying he wasn't feeling good, so I brought him home from school. Then tonight he was feeling good enough to go to swimming lessons, but now he's back to being sick, and I know he's not faking it. Arg!

What do you do when your kids get sick so you can't train?

No comments:

Post a Comment