Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2 More Reasons to Like Winter

Reason 1

Reason 2

Yep, that's right. I've got TWO Christmas trees this year! I had the little white one from the past two years, but I was really wanting a big, more traditional tree this year. While we were up in Heber for Thanksgiving, I was talking to my dad's awesome girlfriend, Angela, and she said she got a little tree this year because she doesn't have room for her big one any more. I mentioned (maybe a little too conveniently) that I wanted to do a big one this year. Of course she jumps right in and gives me hers! We had to cram in into the back of the Jeep to get it home, but we made it, and now we have such a beautiful tree! I love it! It looks a little sparse right now, but Angela also said she had some big ornaments that go with it that she'll give us when she finds them. I got the little tree out today for the kids to put the fun ornaments and colorful lights on.

Anyway, I really do think we have Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in the middle of the winter because otherwise can you imagine how depressed we'd all be in the winter without the holidays?! I've just been feeling so festive lately (is that a way someone can feel?) and excited about decorating and putting lights up for Christmas, and today was really fun because I got to go out and get ornaments and lights for my beautiful new tree!

I didn't run today, but I did yesterday despite the fact that I felt like I was going to puke in the morning. I really was getting worried that something had happened to my IUD and that I was pregnant, even to the point of going to the dollar store to look for a pregnancy test (I wasn't worried enough to pay more than $1 for it though!). They didn't have any, and by the time the afternoon came around I was feeling fine so I didn't worry about it any more. This morning I felt fine. I'm sure it was nothing.

But, oh yeah, my run. I wasn't feeling very good, but I figured a run would make me feel better, and I didn't want to take too long because Pete needed to get to work. I decided to do intervals since I haven't done that for a while. I just took Pete's Garmin to watch my distances. I did a mile to warm up, then I did 3 half-mile (800 meter) intervals with a half-mile between the first two to recover, and only a quarter-mile between 2 & 3. That was probably a mistake since it was a little slower, but that also could have been because a conference talk came on during that one and I had to click through to find a good song, it's sad how dependent on fasts songs I am to go fast. It's also sad that I have conference talks on the same ipod I use for running. What is this the dark ages?):
  1. 4:02
  2. 4:02
  3. 4:04
I did a total of 4.18 miles in 41:16. I went pretty freaking slow when I was recovering. But, I'm happy that I was almost able to run as fast as on the indoor track for my intervals. It's harder outside.

Oh, and I didn't feel better after that run, it just made me want to puke more, but it was still fun. Am I crazy or what?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Colleen, crazy, but only a little! And at least it's a good kind of crazy 'cause it gets you out being healthy.

    Love the trees!

    ReplyDelete