Monday, December 28, 2009

Baby Teeth

Swimming this morning:

I almost went back to bed this morning because I did not sleep well last night. But I knew I would just feel bad if I didn't go, so I went.

200 kick
200 swim
200 pull
200 swim

2 5 x 100 - every 2:00 (goal: 1:50)
  1. 1:40
  2. 1:45
  3. 1:50
  4. 1:53
  5. 1:53
Rest.

I deliberately went slower on the first 100 of the next set. I think it made things worse, though:
  1. 1:50
  2. 1:50
  3. 1:55
  4. 1:57
  5. 2:00
150 cool down - alternating slow and back stroke.

I'm really glad I got my swim in because I didn't get the run in I had wanted because as soon as I got home from the pool, we got ready to drive to St. George. We got here at around 2:30 and stopped at In-N-Out Burger for lunch. We sat down to eat and Ethan's lose tooth fell on his first bite of Fry. The poor kid was so sad about it! He was like, "I don't want my tooth to fall out!" He was so worried about having a hole in his mouth. I tried to explain that everyone's teeth fall out and that he's going to get a grown-up tooth now, and that he's lucky he didn't have to go to the dentist to get it pulled. He was irreconcilable, though, and wouldn't even eat his food. In fact, we threw away 3 almost full boxes of fries because they weren't very good. Oh well.

Ethan cheered up when we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house and he got to show everybody the hole in his mouth, and his little tooth.


Then we went to Chuck-a-Rama, or "The best restaurant ever!" according to Ethan, so I think he's ok now. Plus, he's very excited to have it under his pillow for the tooth fairy.

We were hoping to stay with some friends, but their kids ended up being sick so we got a hotel room. Actually it's a suite, and it's like a little apartment. When we walked in, Ethan was like, "This is so nice!" (That's what I said too, but it's funnier that he said that before I even came in). The kids all went from disappointed about sleeping in a hotel to so excited it took me an hour and a half to get them to sleep. I'm excited too, though. This should be nice to have our own little place while we're here.

Oh, and by the way, it is SO nice here! We played at the park across the street from Pete's parents house until it got dark and it was just slightly cold! It sure makes me miss living here! Now we just need to figure out how to get our bike rides in tomorrow. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment