Monday, May 2, 2011

George's Blessing

This Sunday in church Pete gave George his baby blessing. This is where a worthy priesthood holder officially gives the baby his name for the records of the church, and also a special blessing. It was very beautiful, and I'm so grateful that Pete holds the priesthood and is able to do things like this for our family.

George is just such a sweet, happy little guy and we love him so much!


My sister-in-law, Heather, made his little outfit for him. Doesn't he look handsome!




She also made Mindy's dress when she got baptized, and here they are together. How wonderful to have such a talented and generous sister-in-law! Thank you, Heather, we love you!



Here are All the cousins on my side of the family. Baxter just saw Grandpa!



Here are all the cousins (and their parents) on Pete's side of the family (that live in this country).

I am so grateful for all the great family and friends who came for the blessing. We fed tacos to 35 people afterwards so that was pretty awesome!


Pete was an awesome taco chef!


Pete's aunt, Heather, was there so I told her that I'm all signed up for The Utah Half and that she needs to sign up too. She said she was having second thoughts because she forgot how expensive it is. That is the downside to being a triathlete. It's not a cheep sport. She said she would do it, though, so I'm excited to be able to race with her even if she'll be way ahead of me! We did the Little Red Riding Hood Century together a few weeks before my Ironman in 2009, and it was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment