Monday, May 2, 2011

Mile Intervals/Shape + Sculpt

Today it was really hard to get up early for my run since I stayed up a little too late last night writing that race report, but I had to do it early because Pete had a meeting at 8:30. I actually didn't hear my alarm and got up a little late, but managed to get out of the house by 6:30. I had to do 3 x 1600 intervals and my goal was to do them each in 9 minutes.

I did a slow mile to warm up, and a quarter mile of walking/jogging after each interval.
  1. 9:06
  2. 9:12
  3. 9:02
Total Time: 50:15
Total Distance: 4.75 miles
Average Pace: 10:35 min/mile

It was really hard, but I was pretty close to hitting my goal pace, especially on that last one, so I was happy with it!

I stretched, had a protein shake and took Ethan to school. Mindy stayed home because she was feeling sick. (Of course she was up causing trouble by lunchtime, though.) Then I fed George before starting my next workout.



I did the "Shape + Sculpt" workout on my Nike Training Club app. I didn't realize it was a 45 minute workout until I was 15 minutes into it, though! Ug, it was hard. I guess it's good it was a little longer, though, since I've skipped strength training the past 2 weeks. I was shaking by the end, but I finished it! I am going to be one sore mama tomorrow! I think I'll have to avoid the downstairs for a few days...

The crazy thing is that Pete's meeting got canceled so I didn't really need to go so early! I'm glad I did, though. It's always nice to just get it done, and it was nice to have him there cheering me on as I struggled to finish my strength training.

I always love a good hard workout, what a great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment