Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dinosaur Train Workout

My heart goes out to all those thousands of people who are suffering in Haiti right now. It is unbelievable how destructive that earthquake was! There's a lady who works with Pete, Lori, who has been in the process of adopting some kids from Haiti for the past few years. They kind of feel like they are their kids already even though they don't have them, and the orphanage is right in the center of all the destruction. They have no idea if their kids are alive or not. I can't even imagine how she must feel. I feel sick thinking about it, and it's not my kids. I will keep them, and all the people in Haiti in my prayers.

I've been kind of looking around for something I can do to help, and found this website where you can donate to the LDS Church's humanitarian aid fund, and all the money is going strait to Haiti right now. If you feel helpless, like me, and want something to do, you can go to this link: http://give.lds.org/emergencyresponse

(Back to my easy, incredibly wonderful life that I am so thankful for!)

Yesterday I was a total slacker. I went back to bed for like an hour after dropping the kids off. Elle was a little angle and just played the whole time too!

I wasn't feeling very well, and the thought of running on a treadmill just made me feel even more sick. I knew that if I went running outside, the bad air probably WOULD make me sick. Ug. So, I just took the day off. I did a little cleaning, but sat around a lot and read my book.

Today, I was kind of feeling the same way. After going to bed late, and having Elle climb into bed with me twice during the night, I turned my alarm clock off and skipped swimming. I had planned on going to Cycle, Tone and Stretch, though, after dropping the kids off at school. But then I felt bad about driving so far when the air quality is so bad, and we're trying to save money on gas when I could just ride my bike on the trainer at home. So, that's what I did.

I haven't been on the trainer since before my Ironman, and I haven't been excited about it, but it ended up being a really good workout! I turned some shows on for Elle and had my own music, but I still couldn't help but watch the shows along with her. Dinosaur Train was especially helpful in making the ride go by quickly, after all they do go through a time tunnel! Ok, that was bad, but I couldn't help it, it was too easy. They were thinking when they made that show up! Kids love dinosaurs, kids love trains. How about a show about dinosaurs AND trains!?

My ride did go by pretty fast, though, and I got a pretty good workout! My heart-rate didn't get as high as in spin class, but I did get it up to 160 for a few minutes.

I rode for an hour, then stretched really good. Then I did 100 crunches, a 30-second plank, and 2 sets of 10 push-ups afterwards to make up for the "tone and stretch" part of the class. Or at least kind of make up for it.

I'm really glad I did this workout today even though I didn't really want to do it. It made me feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment