Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

This morning we had green eggs and ham and a green lime/banana smoothie, and I wore a green shirt. That was about the extent of my St. Patrick's Day festivities. Though, we did go out to eat at a Thai restaurant tonight, does that count?

Let's see, what have I been up to?

Monday I didn't do a workout other than cleaning the house because I thought George had his 2 month check-up that morning so I didn't get anyone to watch him. But, no, his check-up is next week. Oh well.

Tuesday I did my first trainer ride of the season now that trainer season is coming to a close. Oh well. It was good to get back on the bike, but I forgot how hard it is! My neck and shoulders were pretty sore the next day! I also did the get focused leg workout on my Nike Training Club app. I'm hoping it will help strengthen my calves and ankles because that's what gets the most sore when I run. And my heel is hurting sometimes too. I really hope it's not PF.

After my workout I talked to Pete and told him about how Mindy hurt her arm on Sunday and it was still hurting, and we decided it would be best to take her to the doctor just in case it was broken. Sure enough, she's got another buckle fracture! It's only been 6 months since she broke both her arms. Luckily this time it was only ONE arm, and it's actually so minor that she just has to wear a splint for 3 weeks and be really careful - if that's at all possible for a rambunctious 8-year-old.



Wednesday I had my friend watch George while Elle was at school and did my 35 minute run. You'd think I'd be used to 35 minutes by now, but I'm not. It was really hard. The last 10 minutes or so I had to keep reminding myself not to just stop. But, I did it. What I'm really worried about is my run scheduled for tomorrow because it's supposed to be for 70 minutes! Ouch. I don't know how I'm going to handle that.

Today:

Pete came last night! Yay! I was so happy when he told me he was coming home two days early. I was missing him like crazy - to the point of listening to country music and crying in the car.

Anyway, this morning I was able to leave George with him while he took his morning nap which ended up going from 10 till 12:30! I took Elle to my friend's house still so she could play with her daughter, and I went to the pool. I did the same workout as before:

warmup (200 kick, 200 free, 200 pull, 200 free)
3x(100 kick, 100 pull, 100 free)
cool down (100 back/breast)

I did my 100s as fast as I could again, and didn't have any better results. I think they were 1:52, 1:52 and 1:57 which is a bit faster than last time. I kind of have a hard time remembering to keep going all out when I'm trying to do a fast 100. I need to keep reminding myself to go fast. I hope I'll get better at that as I do it more.

Tune in next time to see if I survive the 70 minute run!

No comments:

Post a Comment