Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Don't Want To Go

Last night I had to pretty much force Mindy to go to her ballet class. She cried and cried the whole way there and kept saying she didn't want to go. I finally got the reason out of her, and it was because her teacher corrected her last time. She is so sensitive! Anyway, she finally went in and she was happy she went. I was tempted to just take her home because she was so sad, but I want to teach her that sometimes there are things we don't want to do, but we have to do them if we want to get better at that thing. I told her the reason she goes to ballet class is so her teacher can help her get better. If she was perfect at ballet, she wouldn't need to go. But who's perfect at anything?

This morning when my alarm went off at 5:30, I had a really hard time getting up. I fed George and got him back to bed by about 6, then I seriously debated going back to bed. I just kept thinking about how nice it would have been to go back to sleep for another hour, but I knew I wouldn't be happy about that choice later. I also thought about how I made Mindy go to ballet when she didn't want to go, so how could I justify not going swimming just because I didn't wan to go? I want to get better at swimming, don't I? Yes, I do. So, I went. I had a really nice swim for about 40 minutes, and didn't wish I'd stayed home once.

Here's what I did:

200 kick

300 pull

5 x 100 @ 2:00 (I did most of these at about 1:54 - 1:58 but each one was slower instead of faster like it should have been. I don't know how to do that.)

300 pull

200 cool down

Total: 1500 yds

After I got home and dropped the kids off at the school, I went and got my hair done and got pampered for like 2 hours. That was nice, even if my hair didn't turn out how I envisioned it.

In the afternoon, it was so nice outside that Elle and I had to go for a bike ride. We put George in the bike trailer in his car seat, and he seemed to enjoy it too. It was so warm outside, we had to take off our jackets.

Then, when we got home, I thought, "Man, I'm pretty tired for just going on a little ride with Elle." I got nice big drink of water, then suddenly, I started feeling really cold, and kind of sick. I thought it was maybe from the water for a little while, but it just kept getting worse, and I was shivering like crazy. What the heck!? I got George down for a nap and got into my nice warm bed. Then I started feeling like there was a heating pad on my back. I took a Tylanol and my temperature was almost 101. Yep, I guess I'm sick. It was just weird how suddenly it hit me. I was feeling fine during our ride!

I feel ok now, just hot. George is acting really fussy too, I hope he's not sick! I finally got him to bed, and I should go to bed too. I will probably move my run from tomorrow to Saturday. We'll see, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.


  1. You are an inspiration! I will look for you at the Salt Lake Running Co. 5K. Of course, I'll be way in the back. :)

  2. Oh, I'll be way in the back too! Make sure to come say hi if you see me. :)