Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Flashback - St. George Tri 2007

St. George Triathlon May 12, 2007 - Sprint

I was just thinking back, trying to remember what other races I've done that I haven't recorded on here. The first one that popped into my head was St. George Tri 2007. I knew I did that one because I got a long sleeve tech shirt from it, and I wear it almost every time I run in the winter.

Actually, we have two of those exact same shirts because Pete also did it and we both ordered mediums. Maybe that explains why it feels like I wear it so much...

This was the year after Elle was born...

Look at that baby! Remind you of anyone?

It was my second tri, and I did the sprint while Pete did the olympic. I remember him catching up to me on the bike and I said something like, "it's not like we're in a race or anything."

I know, I am so cheesy.

Anyway. I really don't remember much else about it, but I looked up my times so here they are:

Swim 750m - 20:17
T1 - 2:42
Bike 20k - 49:16
T2 - 1:53
Run 5k - 36:43
Total - 1:52:05

I finished #30 out of 48 in my age group.

It's nice to see how far I've come. I haven't done a sprint in a long time, but I'm pretty sure I could beat the heck out of those times now!


I don't have any pictures from the race, but afterwards we went and saw the dinosaur footprints with our friends and I have these pictures to prove it:




Oh man, my kids were so LITTLE! (Elle would have been 8 month, Ethan would have just turned 3, and Mindy would have almost been 5! And that's Isaiah with them, who would have been not quite 4.)

No comments:

Post a Comment