Saturday, January 21, 2012

George's 1 Year Checkup

The other day was George's 12 month check-up. He is doing great in everything except the skin department. The good news is that our doctor said she didn't thing the rash was food related, and that it's just exima. Again. That's what it always is. She told me to put hydrocortisone cream on it. I put some on that night, and it was noticeably better the next morning! She's told me about that stuff before, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner! We're going to continue with the no dairy for another week, then re-introduce and see what happens.

George's favorite part about the visit was the paper on the exam table! So much fun to kick his feet around on or just shake!

The not so fun part was that he had to get 4 shots! That's always so hard to see the look of betrayal when you're holding their hands and they get poked! Luckily we haven't seen any side effects from the shots yet. She said he could be sick for the next couple weeks because all the different vaccines cause fever/rashes at different times. Great. Hopefully it won't be bad.

The doctor also recommended we start making George cry himself to sleep when he wakes up in the night. I really should have done this 6 months ago, but it is just so hard when my sweet little baby cries and I know I can make him feel better! I also really love the time I get to cuddle and nurse him during the night. Cheesy, I know, but it's true! I've still been nursing him 2 times a night, and at one year old, that's very unnecessary! I guess it would be nice to have an uninterrupted night's sleep... OK, that would actually be amazing! I don't know when the last time that's happened! So, we're giving it a try.

The first night, he woke up at 11 and cried for an hour and a half. I went in at half hour intervals to comfort him, but didn't pick him up. Ug, it's so hard! Then he woke up at 4 and cried for about an hour. This made it easy for me to go to swimming even though I didn't get much sleep, because I was already up!

I'm so glad I went swimming too! Chris was back, and we did kind of an easier workout totaling 2000 yards, then I was able to lay down from 9:30-11:30 while George took his nap. That was so nice, and I felt much better after that!

Last night he actually didn't wake up at 11 or 12 like he usually has been! He did wake up at around 6, but he must not have cried for long because I can hardly even remember it! Wahoo! I'm trying not to get my hopes up that we're already almost done with all the crying, but that would be nice! We'll see how tonight goes.

Last night, George played catch with me and Ethan. It was so cute! He actually seemed to know what was going on, that we passed the ball in a circle. He just loves balls so much, and pretty much throwing anything! He's just so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment