Monday, February 1, 2010

More Stroller Time

Today I decided I was feeling well enough to give running a try. It had been exactly a week since my last little run so I was a little worried about how it would go. Would I even be able to run still? Would I be really sore afterwards? It was such a beautiful day, though! Holy cow! It was about 45 degrees and the sky was blue and clear! I couldn't not go!

I did a bunch of things around the house before we left which is the nice thing about running with the stroller. I could pretty much go any time I wanted as long as I was back in time to pick the kids up from school!

I pulled the stroller out and guess what! Two flat tires. Again! Oh well, it had been a week since I used it last so I just pumped them up, hoping they were just slow leaks so we'd be ok. That ended up being the case so I didn't have any problems! Wahoo!

I was scheduled to do a 50 minute tempo run, but since I didn't know how I'd feel, and since I had Elle, I decided to go easy and just do 40 minutes. Go easy? Ha ha ha. Elle fell asleep right away so I didn't have to worry about her getting bored, and I really had a great time! It was so much fun!

My knee started hurting at around mile 3, but I reminded my legs that 3 miles was nothing, that we are going to be doing 26.2 again pretty soon. Then it stopped hurting. :)

When I stopped after 4 miles, Elle was still asleep and my favorite Foo Fighters end-of-run song, In Your Honor, came on so I decided to finish that out before I stopped. If you don't have that song, actually pretty much that whole album, on your running playlist, I'd highly recommend it! I ran as hard as I could at the end of that song! I glanced at my pace and it said 6:50! Wow! And I was even pushing a stroller! And I wasn't even going downhill! Of course, I only did that for about a block, and my knee started hurting again towards the end. But still.

I ended up running for 4.5 miles, then I walked around the block because it was just so nice outside, I didn't want to be done. My knee felt fine by the time I got home. I even stretched outside until Elle woke up and insisted we go inside so she could watch the movie I'd promised her. I took a nice long time stretching so I hope I don't get too sore, and I hope my knee remembers what it can do.

Here are my mile splits:
  1. 9:34
  2. 9:20
  3. 10:14
  4. 9:36

Total Distance: 4.5 Miles
Total Time: 43:51
Average pace 9:44 min/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment