Saturday, February 6, 2010

Quick Morning Swim & Student of the Month

Yesterday I got up at 5:30.... um, well probably more like 5:45. That snooze button is just so satisfying to push! I had half a cup of oatmeal with half a banana, a scoop of peanut butter and a scoop of brown sugar, then I hurried off to the pool. I really do need to start getting up earlier, though, because by the time I got there it was already 6:20 and I needed to get out by around 7:00 to get home in time to get the kids to school, especially since I told Mindy I'd curl her hair for the student of the month assembly.

When I got to the locker room, I realized I only had one flipper! Dang it! If I would have realized the other one was just out in the car, I might have gone out and got it, but I just decided to go without since I thought it might have been at home. I really like to start my swim off with a kick board and flippers. It kind of eases me into the water and and loosens my arms up. But, using the kick board without flippers is painfully slow! I can hardly stand it! So, I only did one lap of that, then finished my usual warm-up:

50 kick board - no flippers
200 easy swim
200 pull buoy - no paddles (I really need to get some paddles)
200 easy swim

All I had time for after that was 750 meters which I did in about 15 minutes. I forgot my watch so I just had to go off the clock on the wall so it's not a very spot-on time. It was a good swim, though, and probably worth going even if it was a little short. I did 150 slow and on my back to cool down.

Total Distance: 1550 meters
Total Time: About 45 minutes

I got home in plenty of time to curl Mindy's hair and get them to school. I then stopped to get her a balloon and candy for being student of the month, and went back to the school for the assembly. The kindergarten sang a couple songs too so I had a double reason to be there. Ethan was really cute, and did a great job! (he's the one in yellow with the "h" on his head.)


I'm so proud of Mindy for being student of the month! I can't say I'm suprised, she has always been a really good student and her teacher is always telling me how well she's doing. In fact, she says that Mindy is doing the best out of all the English dominant students, and this is even her first year in dual immersion where the other kids have had 1 or 2 years already! She's such a good girl!


Her hair doesn't even look very curled now, does it? All that fuss for nothing! Oh well, it's nice to be fussed over sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment