Sunday, February 13, 2011

Celebrating Love

It's almost Valentine's Day! My kids have been counting down the days all month like it's Christmas or we're going to Disneyland or something. They LOVE Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day too, what a great holiday where we get to celebrate LOVE and tell the people the people in our lives how much we love and appreciate them.

My kids are not the types to just buy valentines to pass out to their friends, no they have to make them. That's half the fun anyway, isn't it?! It's also nice that all I had to buy was construction paper and some glitter glue and they were set. They spent half the day yesterday in their pjs working on their various Valentine projects. It was simply wonderful that I only had to help here and there, and could mostly just sit and watch while I took care of the baby.


When the afternoon rolled around, I realized what a nice day it was outside, and finally had the kids (and myself) get dressed so we could go for a walk. I got George all in his sling and put my big jacket on top. For some reason Elle started crying about walking and said she wanted to go in the stroller. Ok, I got the stroller out and (surprise, surprise!) the tires were still flat, and I could not find the tire pump. So then she asks, "Why can't I ride my bike?"

No reason, I guess, so we got it out. Then, of course, the other kids wanted to ride their bikes. But Mindy's back tire was totally flat so we were back to the problem of not being able to find the tire pump in the huge mess we call a garage. Finally, I realized that it was inside because Pete's bike was in on the trainer. Yay! So we got all the tires pumped up. Then I had to go take my jacket off because I was too hot!



The kids had a great time riding their bikes around the block, and I walked slowly behind them. (Actually I walked as fast as I dared with the baby, but they're speedy on their bikes!) There were a couple crashes as the kids got used to riding their bikes again, but overall they did really well. Here they are getting ready to go down the "big" hill.


I know, I need to get Mindy a helmet that fits, and Ethan too. He actually hit his head on the sidewalk once when he crashed and I felt really bad. He was ok, though.

Then we went down to the park and I had a great time just being outside and watching the kids climb around. George was a little angel and just slept the whole time.

It's been a long time since they've been able to play at a park!

It was so great to be able to do something fun with the kids. It seems like it's been a really long time since we've done anything like this, and it was so wonderful to be outside and moving! Now I'm all excited for spring, but I know we still have a long ways to go.

I am so grateful for my kids, I love them so much.

I came across this video today when I came home early from church with George, and thought it would fit perfectly with this post and with Valentine's Day.



A little kid singing a primary song gets me every time. I'm so grateful that my family can be together forever! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment