Saturday, February 12, 2011

Review - Straces Laces

Around the time I first got pregnant, I received an email asking me if I would like to try out some of these laces for free, and what color would I like. I wrote back and said I would love to try them, and pink please.




I got my Straces laces in the mail very quickly, but I was in the midst of feeling sick and overwhelmed with being pregnant so I just put them in my closet with my running shoes and they sat dormant for several months. Now that I've finally got my energy and will to run back, I thought I'd dust off the old running shoes and put in the new laces.

I kind of wish I would have gotten yellow so it would look like the original laces, but the pink looks pretty good too. I actually don't think yellow was even an option.

When I first got the laces, I couldn't think how a different shoe lace could possibly make a difference, and how great could they possibly be?

Well, the difference is that these shoe laces are stretchy. You just lace them, put them on and knot them where they feel comfortable. Then you can just slip your shoe on and off.

Wait.

I don't have to tie my shoes in transition anymore? How awesome is that!? Plus, I don't have to untie them and loosen them every time I put them on. Man, I really should have put these in my everyday shoes while I was pregnant. That would have made things a little easier!




"Ok," I thought, "this is a great idea, but is it going to work with my very narrow shoes that are a pain in the butt to put on?" The answer is yes, yes it does work with my shoes! I can't say I've tested them out in a transition-type setting at all, and sadly, I'm not scheduled for another tri until July. I'll have to wait and see how much they help my transition times, but I can already tell they will make getting ready for a run that much easier and quicker which will be great when I need to go running at 6am and I'm right on the verge of just going back to bed.


Thank you Straces!


PS I also think these would be great for kids who tend to have un-tied shoes a lot. I think I'll be picking up a few more pairs soon. Click here to check out their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment