Tuesday, June 9, 2009

81 laps

After having another rest day yesterday, I was totally ready to get moving again today. Pete was thinking about riding his bike in the morning, but then, as we were going to bed, he said he wasn't going to go so I could do my run. Well, I guess this wasn't enough notice for me because when my alarm went off at 5:30, I just wanted to cry so I went back to sleep. 

Today was Mindy's last day of school! After I dropped her and Pete off, I took Ethan and Elle up to the daycare at the gym and ran on the little 1/9 mile indoor track for an hour and a half. This was my punishment for sleeping in and wasting my outside running time. I counted my laps for a few miles, and I was doing about 10-minute miles so I just started watching my time instead of counting. I'm pretty sure I got 9 miles in. If not, it was pretty dang close! 

Pete had loaded some songs onto my ipod for me, but something went wrong, and only the first ones he put on worked so I only had Air, Aquabats, Barenaked Ladies, and Bjork. All of those were really fun to run to, and I'm pretty sure they helped me run harder than I should have, there was just less variety than I'm used to.

After an hour, I went downstairs to get a drink, but I forgot to bring any Hammer Gel which I would have like to take about then. I was fine for the rest of the run, but I was supposed to do a swim also. When I stopped running, and started stretching, I was a little shaky so I decided to just go home and get some food instead. It was already 11:00 anyway, and I wanted to have a chance to eat and shower before picking Mindy up.

So, 9 miles doesn't sound like that much, but my legs are really feeling it! I was supposed to run at RPE 3, but it was probably more like 5 or 6. I knew I was pushing it harder than I should have, but it was just so much fun! I haven't been running for so long! That might also be why I'm feeling so sore. Anyway, I really need to get to bed. I've got my compression socks on so hopefully I'll be all ready for whatever tomorrow has in store for me!

I'm starting to get nervous about the run because I've been told that I should get in 3 or 4 15 milers before a marathon, and I've only gotten  one 17-miler in. I hope my training plan isn't leading me astray, or that it wasn't counting on me doing 20 miles in that 3 hour run. I guess we'll find out. I just really don't want to end up with another stress fracture!

No comments:

Post a Comment